Monday, May 18, 2009

Charlie alone time


CHarlie the dog blog
We have been on so many adventures together over the last few months. It's been unfortunate that I haven't put my paw to paper. I miss my readers, and have been getting several requests to hear more, so here it is. The California weather has been great and Amber and Sascha have been hiking the canyons and having a wonderful time. I stay home, and crawl under the bed everytime she tries to persuade me to go. I am a “stay in the safe cave” kind of dog. It takes a lot of guts to do new things. However when they leave to go hike, I am alone, and miss them terribly. I howl and moan and scratch the door. I didn’t want to go in the first place, but everytime they left, I was upset. I decided lately to start exploring the place, and have found there are many adventures to have here. There is also something very new and refreshing about alone time. It is a good time for reflection, and I don’t have to share my toys, the whole house is just mine, and mine alone. I love that. Amber is learning how to enjoy her alone time too. Now she is not in a relationship anymore she is having new opportunities to renew herself. Being alone is a bad thing if you don’t like yourself, but if you use that time to do the things you need, and give a bit of self-love, you can rejuvenate yourself. So that’s where life is now. A rejuvenation is taking place, and chewing old shoes, or chasing balls, and even a nice fire hydrant is a completely different experience when you do it alone. So I am letting go a bit more, and off to a whole new world.