Saturday, August 8, 2009

I believe in Life



Charlie the Dog Blog

Change is hard. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Making real changes when habits are already formed, makes me growl, and stick my tail between my legs. New tricks are better, but learning them, is tough. If I hear the can opener, I instantly salivate. I the refridgerator door opens, I wag my tail. What if I try something different? What if I rearranged my life and stopped just drinking toilet water and using my water bowl as a fountain of fun, what if I did the OPPOSITE? I have to resist the urge to roll around in stinky stuff right after I bathe.

Amber has made changes that are unexpected this week. Things were thrown in her lap that made her open her eyes, and realize she has more potential than what she has been settling for. Why do we settle? Well for Amber it's comfortable. A change makeover is now absolutely in progress.It is a mistake to regard age as a downhill grade toward dissolution. The reverse is true. As one grows older, one climbs with surprising strides if they make efforts.

Someone close to us hurt Amber this week by saying cruel things. It's easy to believe what was said, and it took a real moment of reflection to get past the hurt and realize that people throw stones when they are hurting. Amber certainly isn't a saint, and doesn't want to pretend she is. However, when we allow people to make us feel bad over and over again, our esteem suffers. When our esteem is lost how can we really help the greater good? God wants us to do great things, and God knows the truth. Just because someone abuses us doesn't mean we have to let it happen again. Last night Amber asked someone if they believed in Heaven, and they replied "I believe in Life." That really stood out to her because so many of us, her included, think about the future, the past the problems, rather than solutions. "I believe in LIFE" means to live for right now, and excuse my bark but "fucking enjoy it" now, not later. Now. I will no longer chase a stupid stick, unless it leaves Ambers hand.

I wish you all love life and the privilage of believing in life.