Sunday, January 25, 2009

Small bones with Bluebeards

Charlie the dog blog: Written by a dog

This morning we met up with some very fun friends of ours we haven't seen in awhile. It was magical. Amber felt her shoulders lift when one of her all time favorite crushes showed up, and she had a lovely conversation with him. Plans were made for the weeks coming up over breakfast, and everyone hugged and smiled when we parted. The day became lazy with phone calls, cleaning, and good old television. It was the perfect day all things considered. I am a big bully sometimes because I am a little dog. Sometimes when people and pups feel small they bully other people to make them feel bad. Amber had been bullied by someone she was once close to, and made wrong for asking for the smallest thing (a DVD to watch) and it made her feel really bad. I cuddled with her and reminded her that people would not treat her that way if they really were there without expectations. She has moved on from the situation, learning enough to write an entire text of what she will never accept in her life again. This person held her hostage by restricting any love/friendship/kindness/giving without having his own will enforced. Adjustments in This new way of life will take practice, but as Amber's girlfriends remind her "bluebeards are a mirror of what you feel you deserve". Being in a relationship where you are shown little love, but with alot of expectations makes a bully feel big, ,even when Amber knew deep down she deserves someone who gives unconditionally as she does. LIfe is full of learning. May she not think she only deserves small anymore. It taught her not to ever bully anyone emotionally herself. Being a person who deserves the best means believing you deserve it first. Only then, will she be taught that she does deserve to spend time with magnificent people who contribute all that they are to this world. I only bark at big dogs out of fear, but once fear is removed, I will be a friend to even the greatest of Danes.

Here are 25 Random things about Amber that I asked her to write:
1. My mother had a fake I.D. on her when I was born, so my real/fake first last name was Everhart
2. My mom hitch hiked cross country with me in a papoose on her back
3. I was adopted because my mom robbed a bank, and was sent to prison
4. Parents owned a head shop “The Abovo” head shop, childhood smelled like incense
5. I baptized my cats in a kiddie pool so they could go to heaven, at 8 I was baptized Mormon
6. When younger sister Celeste came home from hospital I said “nighty night, outside!” and put her in my toy box.
7. I played the violin and sang a lot as a child in church
8. I used to have a lot of freckles and hated them
9. As a child I put on productions of singing, dancing and plays using all the neighborhood children as my cast, and charged the adults a quarter to watch
10. My dad taught me to drive in the snow of Utah
11. I’ve lived in a tent, a storage unit, a car, a trailer, and a mansion
12. My favorite book is The Diary of Anne Frank. My favorite movie is Little Women, reminds me of my sisters
13. A stranger left a black haired rag doll on my porch as a kid. The note said: From someone who loves you. To this day it is the best gift I have ever received
14. Journey and Def Leppard remain on my play list for all time and eternity
15. I believe in love
16. My biological mothers line is Cherokee, my bio father is unknown, but thought to be Jewish
17. I love to cook, but rarely eat anything I cook
18. I imagine what someone looks like naked when I meet them
19. I love organization, but I am not organized
20. My first film crush was Ralph Machio in Karate Kid, then Eliot in E.T.
21. My family owned a movie theatre for awhile, and I would run the projectors
22. The home that has my heart is 394 West Center Street in Logan Utah
23. Greg Brooker and Margo Romero hold special places in my heart
24. My biological brother Tommy is now in a box on my bookshelf may he R.I.P.
25. I have a tattoo of a turtle because I asked God for a sign once, and turtles popped out of the ocean, dancing in the waves



WUff WUff
Charlie the dog
xo