Thursday, December 18, 2008

Steak and Peanut butter

The life I am living is blessed, and I am a very lucky dog. I have been through so many changes with Amber, and just when she feels she can't take another change, we always trudge through to the other side of upsets, and have alot of celebration over lessons we learned. Sometimes we have to sit through the uncomfortable times to understand why things happen as they do.

We have no power over other people, how they feel about us, or who they are. It's one of the hardest thing in the world, because everyone wants to be well loved, even mutts. Letting go of things that aren't good for us is tough too. Especially when the things/people/places are what we wanted, and it doesn't work out. It's like Apples, I love apples, but the peel makes me throw up. I like peanut butter, but I can't swallow it. I like rotweillers, but they are too dominating and stuck the way they were bred to allow a fixer--upper like myself in too close.

Amber just got an approval from the network at Discovery for Human Dogsled racing. It is exciting for her that the show is completely booked now, but also sad because most of the season work is done. She has one more travel date to Denver in January, and the season is a wrap.Today the office is celebrating at Mortons steak house, and Amber will make it a date for meat, which she eats very little of, and usually saves for me.

The holidays are near, and old and new combined are going to make it a nice Christmas under the mistletoe!