Tuesday, December 23, 2008

tinsel and toys

There is a bustle of Christmas shoppers everywhere. Lines are long, sales are tempting, and even dog's like me get excited over the holiday spirit. It's also a time when gloom can overwhelm people if they aren't cautious that their feelings can be wrong, that they are loved, and alot of friends are just out of town on a thursday, that's all it really is. We forget the real meaning of Christmas so easily with all the distractions of bows, gifts, toys, and silver linings. It's a wonderful holiday if we just remember what it really is. Red, Green and tinsel are the colors that surround a theme, and when we remember that miracles happen, as they did for Mary, Joseph, and Jesus years and years ago, we can be at peace just a bit more.
I tore apart wrapping paper while Amber wrapped up a few little presents for Allie, and we watched t.v, and Brian did our laundry, and massaged Amber's hands like she loves, and Amber cooked him a dinner. Brian is in her life, he is out, he is in, he is out. It's like pulling a daisy apart waiting to find out what the answer is with them. They are wonderful friends sometimes, and others they bring out the worst in each other. They do love each other and are in each others life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Time will tell.
It was a nice day yesterday, and Amber realized she was doing those things she loved from her list of to-do's. She also guided me as I wrote a bit of my new book last night. The outline is in place and now I just have to fill in the blanks, and put all I know about her dating secrets on the page. I have never written a book, but I wont be the first dog to do so. There are wonderful stories out there written by other dogs, and I am just one of the many who have something to say about my two legged friends.