Friday, October 3, 2008

needed a friend



Today Amber woke up refreshed. It's been a long while since she felt the anxiety lift. I understand anxiety as a little doggie I can't function without it. But it's weird watching Amber get anxiety, she usually handles anything that comes her way with great grace so it made my tail wag that she woke up happy again after weeks of heavy breathing. Alot of the newfound serenity came when Amber had the bishop of her church over, and even though she doesn't have all of the same beliefs as them, the faith they showed, and the prayer woke up her spirit to her higher power. So as it is......everything is how it should be. Funny what a little prayer does. I remember when Amber came to the groomers when I was a baby. She was so lonely that she cried all the time. She had built her life into a box because of her addictions, and she desperately needed a friend. I didn't know that at the time and when I got out of the kennel with my brothers and sisters I went wandering off, and didn't want to play with her. She noticed me off on a journey alone....peeing in the corner, and somehow she related to me. She scooped me up and took me home. I pooped, and growled, and tore up tissue from the bathroom floor. She still held me tight nightly and told me all of her distresses and secrets. We went through some rough times in those days. It was so long ago, I'm surprised I even remember. I make Amber smile today--and mornings like this one, remind me of how grateful I am that we have come so far. The bishop also reminded us of the Faith we had which gave us our foundation. It is that same faith that blesses us today.